Favorite Summer Fragrances 2015

Favorite Summer Fragrances 2015



Hello lovelies, 

I am really enjoying blogging again! I know my posts might not be up to par like they were when I was really into blogging but I feel like I am getting back into the groove, slowly. What posts would you like to see? I don't really get a lot of feedback so I just kind of do what I think you might like. As for today I'll be talking about summer fragrances because that's what I've been looking into for myself lately. 

I have some of these fragrances but not all of them but I have at least had a sample of them so I'm not solely going off of a description I found online. I could have added ones that I don't know much about but I like to be able to give you my honest opinion from my experience. Below I have links to places where you can get all of the fragrances so I'll just go in order of the links below. There are two that don't have links so I'll talk about those first.


Starting off with Virgin Island water by Creed. This is by far the most expensive but will also last the longest. This is a Unisex fragrance. My brother has it and sometimes I use his but I used those mini samples all summer last year and I think it is perfect for everyday and you can even get away with wearing it at night. It is really versatile and can be worn anywhere at anytime, in the summer anyway. I can smell lime, coconut, and the Sicilian mandarin. The scent is really worthy of the name, it is clean and citrusy but warm from the coconut and has a lot of layers. Here is a description I found. It opens with a citrusy cocktail of white bergamot, Jamaican lime, Sicilian mandarin. The citruses are accompanied by a note of copra, the white inner flesh of the coconut. The heart includes intensive Indian jasmine and sweet hibiscus, exotic ylang-ylang and cold, spicy ginger. The base of the composition includes sugar cane, musk and white rum. 

Next is See by Chloe, it is very floral with a little bit of musk but overall I'd describe it as soft and girly. I think younger girls could year this all the way up to mid-twenties probably. I feel like you could wear this day or night in the spring or summer. If you want a scent that isn't very bold but something soft and girly, get this one. I feel like it would be a good scent for someone who really doesn't like perfume or has a hard time finding something that isn't too overpowering. 


Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel is my most favorite of all time, this is my signature scent right now. I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of this perfume and I've been wearing it since I was probably 18. If you're somewhere in Europe I'm sure you've used this fragrance or know at least a handful of people who do. Here in Texas, there are a lot of people who use this but not as many as in Europe. I remember reading a European blogger's review over this fragrance and they said it was overrated because everyone wore it, but I don't really have to worry about that because I don't live in a place where it's everyone's signature fragrance. So enough ranting, Hannah. What does this smell like? It's mostly citrusy and kind of floral but not too floral and womanly but not at all like an old lady! It's classy and sophisticated but still young and a little fun. It's not as heavy as the other Chanel perfumes which something I love about it. This is Fragrantica's description of  the perfume:

Sicilian oranges, Calabrian bergamot and Sicilian grapefruit. A floral heart is created of pure rose extract and pure jasmine extract, along with a fruity touch of litchi, while its base notes carry a combination of Indonesian patchouli, Haitian vetiver, Bourbon vanilla ad white musk. This fragrance is dedicated to courageous, brave and modern women who prefer luxury and elegance. If you go to your local Sephora, normally they'll give you a sample if you ask for one. 

Next we have the original Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I've been wanting this perfume since it came out but I have an obsession with buying new fragrances and I try not to just buy everything. After all, I am a broke college student. I've have 4 or 5 samples of this over the past 2 years or so and I never get myself to buy it but I think this summer is the time I'll actually get it. They've come out with some newer ones but I really like this one the best. It's soft and floral and still elegant while the others I feel like are kind of young for me. It's not like I'm old or anything but I like to feel like I smell classy and elegant and like a million bucks. These are the notes; Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods. To be honest I don't think I smell any strawberry…it smells pretty floral to me with a little warmth from the vanilla and white woods. I don't have it with me right now but I really think the strawberry scent is almost non-existent so if you don't like berry smells, don't let that deter you from at least giving it a chance!

The third fragrance is another one of my all time favorites, it's called Bright Crystal by Versace. It was my favorite before I experience Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. I started wearing this Versace fragrance when I was in high school. I'll be turning 22 on September 25th so I think I'm on my fourth bottle of this one. It's floral and citrusy just like Coco Mademoiselle but this is a really fun fragrance but still sophisticated. It's for those hot summer days when you're dreading even putting a fragrance on. This works perfect because it is super fresh and not overpowering at all!  *Just to let you all know, I'm pretty picky about perfumes because I easily get headaches from them and also sometimes they can make me really nauseous or set off a sneezing attack. So any perfumes on here have passed my test and should work for anyone. It says peony and Yuzu (a citrus fruit) are the notes that most people can point out which I think is pretty on point. If you're wanting a floral fragrance but aren't sure about which one to get because you're afraid of it being too strong, definitely try this one out!

Number 4, Dolce Gabbana Light Blue. This one is fresh and clean and smells like you just got out of the shower. Here are the notes based on the Ulta description
Top notes: Sicilian Cedar, Apple, Bluebell 
Heart notes: Bamboo, Jasmine, White Rose 
Base notes: Citron wood, Amber, Musk. 
As you can tell, I think I like my rose scents. Except the ones I like are miminal and more mild than you might think. I think the base notes aren't as prominent as the top, and heart notes. For the most part, I think I smell apple, bluebell, bamboo, jasmine, and citron wood. If you're not into floral and like more clean smelling fragrances, try this one! I will say that this fragrance doesn't last all day like all of the other ones but I think it is still worth buying. I've had a couple bottles of it and I am definitely going to repurchase it. 

Next is Stella Eau de Toilette by Stella McCartney. This smells a lot like the original fragrance but is more rosy and light. You really have to like roses I feel like to enjoy this fragrance. The notes are; Mandarin, Frozen Lemon, Freesia, Bulgarian Rose, Violet Leaves, Peony Petals, Amber. I'm not sure what frozen lemons smell like but I think that might be the light and airiness it has. I can really smell the rose, peony and violet in it though. If you don't like florals, I don't think you'd like this but it never hurts to just test it out if you think there might be a chance because it is really an amazing fragrance! 

Ok, second to last is another Dolce Gabbana fragrance called Light Blue Sunset in Salina. I'd call this one kind of sexy. It's like a warm summer night when you're on a date in perfect weather on the beach or an amazing patio next to the ocean and the sun is going down. I could almost hear the ocean when I first smelled this, it was grand. This is a limited edition Light Blue fragrance so it won't be out for much longer. Each summer there is a new Light Blue limited edition fragrance and of course it is always amazing and sexy and summery. Thank you once again Fragrantica for giving me an spot on explanation. Light Blue Sunset in Salina is described as a fresh floral scent; a glass of Malvasia wine to be sipped on the terrace covered with freesias while watching the sunset. It opens with fresh vine leaves and violet leaves. The heart includes yellow freesia, jasmine and orange blossom. The base notes are amber, cedar and white musk. Warning: Once again, this is a toilette just like the original so staying power isn't as great as a perfume but still definitely worth it. Just an estimate but I would say it normally stays on about 5-6 hours, I think that is worth it for hot summer days. Doesn't take much just to do another spritz when the scent is gone. 

Last, but definitely not least I have Prada Infusion d'Iris. This is a light, more powdery scent, you can definitely smell the iris and a little bit of citrus. This staying power is amazing, but also the price is a little bit more than the others which is a given because it is Prada. If you want to splurge on a nice daytime clean fragrance then this is the one to get. There isn't a ton to say about this one, I've had a bottle of it and would definitely repurchase it. It's not for younger girls really. Although, I was wearing it my senior year of high school. It's elegant and fresh and something you can wear everyday. It has great staying power like I said but isn't strong by any means. It only takes one spritz for all day. Sometimes I do two sprays but really you only need one so even a small bottle will last a long time. 
Chanel perfume fragrance
neimanmarcus.com


Marc Jacobs fragrance
marcjacobs.com


Versus perfume fragrance
nordstrom.com




Dolce Gabbana home fragrance
$115 - nelly.com


Prada Infusion d'Iris
sephora.com




If you have any questions leave them down below, I'd be happy to answer any that you have! Do you have suggestions for other posts? I'm always looking for new ideas!

xox, 

Hannah N.

Connect With Me:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses