Beach Day Musts: 2016

It's that time again, beachy hair and salty air! I was inspired to share with you my beach day must haves by Adore Me with their #BeachDayMusts conversation. I could make this list pretty long because I have a lot of favorites but I'm going to share my top 5 musts and then a few things that are enjoyable to have.


When I think of a beach day I'm thinking a lot about my skin and what it takes to keep my skin healthy, happy and glowing. 

1: Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

This is something that I fell in love with in 2014. I came across it on my study abroad trip while in a French pharmacy. It keeps my skin soft and smooth without being oily, and it dries fast! There are two different kinds as pictured, one with and another without glitter. Before you hate on the sparkle one, I love it! It's worth a try. 

2: Swim Cover-up

Swim cover-ups are really important. They keep your shoulders and arms from burning when you're not in the water. I like to wear linen or cotton dresses so I don't feel odd wearing them out to run errands or go to the store. 

3: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

Some people are completely against wearing makeup on the beach but I think the right foundation can be great on a beach day. Of course, if I'm at the beach for a week I'm not wearing makeup every single day but sometimes when you feel like getting a little done up, then this Chanel foundation is the way to go. The one in the black bottle is the velvet version which is good for oily skin. The aqua version is better for dry skin. They are both the same formula but have different finishes for different skin types. I went in to buy the Aqua version but the lady at the Chanel counter put both on me and I instantly liked the velvet because I tend to have oily skin, especially in the summer. 

4: Hat
 
To keep the sun off of my face and out of my eyes, I always bring a hat. Whether it's a wide brim or baseball cap. 

5: La Roche Posay Sunscreen

I found this sunscreen in France as well, but is available in The US at Ulta. It's the best sunscreen I have ever used and doesn't make my face white and pasty or oily. There is one specifically made for oily skin, which is the one I use. It's super thin, goes on well and can be worn under makeup. 

Other favorites: 

 
Hair ties- I like to keep my hair down but since I have long hair, hair ties come in handy when I need my hair out of my face or kept away from sunscreen and moisturizing body oils.

Chapstick- There are chapsticks in my purse, car, bedroom, bathroom, everywhere! I can't go anywhere without Chapstick. It's something that is a daily must have for me, not just for beach days. Be sure to get chapstick and lip balms with spf! I go to Beaver Creek, Colorado every year and I buy lots of chapsticks to last me until the next time I go back. 

Fruit infused/coconut water- Water is an obvious but I really enjoy coconut water when I'm at the beach. It's refreshing, sweet and is hydrating to your entire body. 

If you have any questions let me know in the comments section below! Follow me on Instagram and post your favorite beach photo or what your must haves are to take out to the beach using  #BeachDayMusts and tag me! And don't forget to look at the Adore Me Instagram and website to check out their lingerie and swimwear

xox, 

Hannah N.


Connect With Me:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants