Life Update: Where Have I Been?

Final exams are next week *sigh. It kind of explains why I have been absent from blogging life for long while, I don't think it constitutes as an excuse though. If you didn't know already, I'm a junior in college so I have to start figuring out life; finally deciding on a major (and not changing it), a minor, internships, and what I will do after I get my undergrad degree. So what have I figured out so far?

I have always known I was going to be a business major, even before I started college. My first major I declared was freshman year, General (Business) Management. I ended up changing it this semester to Finance. Thankfully, it isn't going to take any longer than the General Management degree would have.

Kind of a side note so you understand… I plan on going to law school after this so I'm trying to find a major and minor that will prepare me for the LSAT and law school. I've been doing some studying and I've found that Economics and Philosophy majors have the highest scores on the LSAT so I decided to minor in philosophy. I'm excited to start taking philosophy classes, not only because it is proven that people with philosophy backgrounds make higher scores on the LSAT but also because this minor seems really interesting to me.

As far as the internship thing goes…..I have no idea. I'm looking for mini internships for Summer 2014 so I can have experience at multiple firms or wherever the job may be. The good things is, I have lots of resources through my college and a lovely mentor who is helping me with finding some 3 week or month long internships for Summer 2014.

I'm sure all of you collegiates out there understand where I'm coming from! :)

Also, I've decided to go Paleo! Lots of people call it a diet but in actuality it's a way of living. I decided to try this for 30 days and see what happens. I officially started the day after Thanksgiving, which would be November 29th, so that means I'm 7 days in. So far, everything is great and I haven't even been craving any foods that aren't allowed. Though I must say, I've always beet a health nut so maybe this is going a little easier for me than it would for others who aren't like me. What is this Paleo Diet all about?

The Paleo Diet is based on the principle that we should eat like we did in the Paleolithic era, or in English terms, the caveman era. If a caveman wouldn't have eaten it, we probably shouldn't be eating it either. No grains, dairy, beans, potatoes or processed foods. Paleo encourages that you eat lots of meat, fish, eggs, nuts, veggies, and fruit. The best thing is…SWEET POTATOES are allowed! Another thing I've been enjoying are avocados.

From what I read, if you are trying to lose weight, you should keep carbs below 50g per day and eat lots of leafy greens. In my opinion, just to make sure you get all the nutrients you need, eat lots of veggies and a moderate amount of fruit and don't worry so much about it. Like my cousin told me, "cavemen didn't log their fruit and vegetable carbs." Basically this diet is based on high fat and high protein. The types of fat you'll be eating will not make you gain weight though, you are eating like a cave man and I'm 100% sure they were way more healthy than the current population is today. If you want to read more about it you can google it. Here are some sites I've been looking to for inspiration for meals: 

http://everydaypaleo.com
http://www.elanaspantry.com
http://paleomg.com
http://www.paleocupboard.com

Here is my last food photo. I just felt like avocado and mango would be good together so I did that and then threw in some red bell pepper and it was actually really good. Go to those sites linked above for more food inspiration.

avocado, mango and red bell peppers
* If you want to see what I'm eating follow me on Instagram, I've been posting lots of food pictures! lol:)


Subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to 
see more beauty/fashion related things!

Lots of love, 

Hannah

Connect With Me:

Comments

  1. This was a great post! I know I'm way late reading it but I just wanted to let you know that your diet is really inspiring! I recently read a book called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan which kind of talks about this style of eating: guilt free and simple! I live by the idea that we as a society vastly overcomplicate our bodies and what kind of food we should eat in order to live to our full potential. Your diet sounds really great and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants