Self-Tanners 2013

It's time to start wearing shorts! From now on you can have the perfect tan and protect your skin with my favorite self tanners. Yes, fake tan. I think it's really important to protect your skin from the sun and learn that going out in the sun is okay but don't sit and bake for hours on end. It's not only dangerous but speeds up the aging process! Self tanners...we have all had our mishaps with them. There are so many different options it's hard to know where to start. Even though most self tanners are horrible, there are a few that I have come across that give me a nice glow. There is no need for orange hands, weird smells, and streaky legs! I am going to list a few of my favorites and tell you what I like about each of them. Then I'll share my tips to keep a gorgeous long lasting tan.

True Blue Spa Vitamin E Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion
Long name, I know. You can get this from Bath and Body Works for $15. It says lotion but really it is more like a gel and not at all like lotion. I really don't have anything bad to say about it. The instant bronzing gives you an immediate glow and helps you see where you have applied it. It also has a sheen to it. Not glittery or shimmery just a nice glow. The full color shows up in a few hours. I use it at night so when I wake up in the morning the color is fully developed. This won't sweat off of you or get splotchy after you've showered, or give you orange hands (as long as you wash them after you apply it).

Banana Boat Summer Color
There is both a lotion and a spray. I like the spray because it doesn't touch your hands and you don't have to rub it in but they both work really well to create a natural looking even tan. There are two different color options in the lotion and one in the mist. You can pick this up at the drug store The lotion is about $7 and the mist is $10.

This is my second favorite spray. It is a fine mist that covers well and is very even. The angle applicator helps control where you are spraying. The it is a good natural golden tan without that fake tan orange color.  It is about $10-$12 and you can find it at any drugstore.

Tips:
  • Always exfoliate before you use a self tanner, it will help you get an even tan
  • Keep your skin moisturized for a longer lasting tan
  • After you've applied a self-tanner, use a powder brush to apply some powder in the bends of your arms and behind your knees to prevent those lines fake tan lines. 
I hope this helps if you need help searching for the perfect self-tanner. 
I will let you know if I come across anymore during the summer. 
Do you have any that you like?
Follow me on bloglovin' :)

Lots of love, 

Hannah

Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses