Wedding Guest Dress Guide Spring/Summer 2013


It's so difficult to find the right dress as a guest of a wedding. You'll be able to go about finding the perfect dress when you find out the time, location, weather, and style specifications (should be on invitation). If it is outdoors it's probably pretty casual. Be mindful of the fabric so that you don't look too formal. The invitation usually specifies what style is expected of the guests. If not, assume semi-formal so that you are safe. Don't ever dress to compete, after all, it is not your day. Please, don't wear something that looks like you are going to prom, or a club. The most important thing to remember, never wear white!
Even though it is necessary to tone it down you can still look great. If you want to look like a million bucks but don't have much to spend, think about renting. There a site called Rent the Runway that has brands like Herve Leger and Badgley Mischka. Here you can rent designer dresses and even accessories for an event at a really great price. One of my favorite things about this site is that you can get the dress in 2 sizes, if you aren't sure what size you need. Rent the Runway is also a great option for family of the bride/groom because it is likely that you'll also need a dress or outfit for the wedding shower, rehearsal dinner and other related events.

Tip: If the wedding is outside and you will be walking in grass, get some wedges. You don't want to wear heels and sink in the grass, wedges are more comfortable anyway! Cusp is a section inside Neiman Marcus where I got my last few outfits for wedding events. You can also shop online at cusp.com. The red dress that I'm wearing and the pewter dress that my sister is wearing are both from Cusp.

I wore this to an outdoor wedding with wedges! My wedges are in my Shoes Are a Girl's Best Friend post so if you like them go check out the rest of my shoes!



This is a pink and black high waisted skirt from Cusp that I wore to the rehearsal dinner. 
Below are some dresses that I think would be great to wear as a wedding guest. I also added some shoes in, just for fun! 



Untitled #3


Spring/Summer 2013 by hgomez featuring a racerback dress

Even if you aren't shopping for a specific event I think you'll like my fashion finds.
Follow me by email or by clicking the bloglovin' button on the right hand side of the page.
Questions or comments? Leave them below and I'll gladly get back to you!

Lots of love, 

Hannah


Single floral print dress
neimanmarcus.com





Zara strap dress
zara.com



Topshop boatneck dress
$91 - topshop.com





Alice Olivia cork wedge
jildorshoes.com



Luichiny shoes
heels.com







Rent The Runway
renttherunway.com



Happy Shopping!




Follow me:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses