Spending Ban Update #1

Spending ban update.....

Day 10:

If you didn't know I am on a spending ban with a bunch of other bloggers, like me. We confess, we are all shopaholics! Details.....I cannot buy clothing, shoes, other accessories, skin care or home decor for thirty days. Some of the other bloggers are doing it for sixty but there's no way I can make it that long. I am only allowed to buy food and other necessities for living. No, that sale sweater is not a necessity.

As to my surprise I have not broken this ban! I have not purchased anything in 10 days, besides food!
It was really hard at the beginning especially because I always like pick up a nail polish or a new shirt, just because. I've also moved into a new apartment at school so nothing is decorated, it's just basic and empty. It's hard to sit in my near empty apartment and not go buy some home decor to give this place some character. I also have been really wanting some shoes but I think I can manage the whole thirty days.

This month is also my birthday, September 25 to be exact. Birthdays always call for extra spending, nope not this time. No excusing obnoxious spending because it's my birthday. I will be 20 years old, no longer a teen but not really a milestone, well at least in America. It's just one of those in between ages when nothing too exiting happens. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for my birthday this year. I kind of feel like I'm an official adult.

I know I'm not even half way through the ban yet but I can't explain how proud I am of myself. I know it sounds ridiculous but in all seriousness I think this is really good for me. Maybe it will teach me to not spend so much on a regular basis so I don't have to go on spending bans like this. I think that this was a really great place to start.

If you want to keep up with me and the other bloggers on twitter, we will be using #roseenospend in our tweets about the ban. I'll post a few times a week, normally when I'm needing some shop therapy after a long day of classes and studying.

If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them below!
If you have suggestions for posts while I am on this spending ban, let me know in the comments section, it would really help!
Subscribe to me on YouTube I make videos every week
on my vlog channel(HannahBananasLife)!


Lots of love, 

Hannah

Connect With Me:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants