Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for


I started off jotting things down in my notes section of my phone a while back but I wasn't consistent and I didn't feel like jotting down something electronically could possibly feel the same. I thought I'd go buy a journal and see what happened!

I've never really kept a journal before but I thought now was a good time to start. I'm starting to find myself as a person and I feel like I am at a huge turning point in my life. I am a junior in college and I am just beginning a whole new chapter of life. Grade school is long gone and now I am able to live life, experience new things and hopefully I'll be able to study abroad before the end of my college career. 

Just considering college life, it really has gone by faster than I ever would have imagined. My first two years of college I had the mindset to just "get things done" I truthfully wanted it to be over with and just get my degree. Now, one month into my third year, I am finally able to enjoy it like I was supposed to from the beginning. This journal will allow me to spill my feelings onto the pages. I love writing for you guys and sharing almost everything with you but there are only so many things I can put on here. 

I got my journal on a Sunday afternoon not knowing what I'd possibly write but as soon as I put my pen to the paper I ended up just writing off and on for the rest of the day. Not just to write but because I had so much to say. It really helped me realize what I am feeling. It helped me put together so many confusing emotions. I just kept writing, even if I felt like something was out of order. It all came together when I was finished for the day. 

Call me old school but I would encourage anyone out there reading this to go buy a journal, and see what happens. You might end up writing the next best seller. Or just figure out your own emotional state, like me. Either way I think this is something that everyone should do and could definitely benefit from. Just starting my blog March of this year (2013) has made me realize lots of important things about life. I've slowed down, reduced my stress significantly, and overall am just able to enjoy the beauty of life and what has in store for me.

Personally, I don't really enjoy any other type of writing except for my blog, of course, and now my journal!:) Think of this journal as a creative space where you can do anything. Write about your feelings, make up a story, anything! I would say writing is very empowering. You'll begin to find yourself and have confidence like never before. 




Lots of love, 

Hannah

Connect With Me:


“Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 
-Marilyn Monroe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants