Coconut Oil


Coconut oil? Yes, it's not only for cooking! 
There are so many other ways you can use it. 
It is important though that you get 100% pure, virgin coconut oil. Make sure that there is nothing else in there!
First of all, I love using this in my hair! This is the main reason I wanted to share with you guys. 
It is the ultimate moisturizing product, especially if you bleach your hair or if you regularly use heat to style it! I recently went from really dark to blonde and this is truly what is saving my hair! I use it 2-4 times a week and leave it in for 10-25 minutes. Rub into your scalp too, it stimulates hair growth! I really love it because it is completely natural.

Below is a list of other ways that you can use coconut oil.
  • topically to help heal infection or injury faster
  • on lips as a chapstick (I'm actually going to empty my Vaseline lip therapy container and put coconut oil in it!)
  • as an intensive night cream
  • to lighten age spots (rub directly on skin)
  • on the skin as a basic lotion
  • mixed with equal parts sugar as a scrub (add some lime to make it citrus-y and fresh!)
  • help sooth psoriasis or eczema
  • melt and pour into a bath for soft skin
  • naturally clears up cold sores
  • rub into cuticles to help your nails grow
  • add to smoothies for nutritional boost (Dr. Oz even said it's good for you! Helps improve digestion.)
  • add 1-2 tbsp to a healthy diet for weight loss
  • anti-aging facial moisturizer
  • the special fats in the coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety
  • helps improve sleep when taken daily (1-2 tbsp)
  • by itself as a tanning oil also naturally has SPF 4
  • on the inside of your nose to alleviate allergy symptoms
*Just an FYI do not refrigerate this otherwise it is impossible to get out of the jar!

To get your daily dose of coconut oil to improve your health try these coconut oil chocolates. I have tried them and they are great!

I hope this helped if you were desperately looking for something to save your skin or hair. 
Follow me by email or by clicking the bloglovin' button on the right hand side of the page. You can connect with me on my social networking sites by clicking the links at the top of the page! 
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below.

Lots of love, 

Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Pick of the Week: Polka Dot & Floral Peplum Top

Limited Edition "Just Say Yes" - Zoella Sunglasses

Smart Casual Otfit Idea: Hot Pink Crop Pants