Top 10 Beauty Superfoods
Makeup can enhance our natural beauty but it is always important to keep a healthy diet. Diet just means your eating habits. Beautiful hair and glowing skin truly come from what you put in your body! Even though these are numbered they aren't in any specific order.
1. Blueberries: They have antioxidants to protect you from premature aging.
2. Spinach: Try to eat dark leafy greens instead of that romaine lettuce! Dark greens are rich in nutrients. Spinach specifically is loaded with both nutrients and antioxidants. It is a good source of B, C, E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. (Kale is also great but some people don't like the taste.)
3. Tomatoes: They are the best source of the anti-aging antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene is more easily absorbed in your body when the tomatoes have been cooked or processed.
4. Walnuts: Contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E which helps you have smooth skin, healthy hair, brighter eyes, and strong bones.
5. Kiwis: High in vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants. Keeps your skin firm and prevents wrinkles. The antioxidants protect you from caner and heart disease.
6. Dark Chocolate: Not like a Hershey's chocolate bar but dark chocolate at least 60% cacao. Helps skin stay hydrated and protects from sun damage. Chocolate does not cause acne!
7. Yogurt: Keeps you healthy inside and out. One cup of low-fat yogurt has more calcium than a cup of fat-free milk.
7. Sweet Potatoes: These are packed with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that fights aging. Beta-carotene converts to vitamin A in the body. Loading up on beta-carotene with help you get that perfect golden tan this summer! (eat a variety of yellow, orange and red veggies; and don't forget your leafy greens.)
8. Avocado: Contains antioxidants that slow down aging, promotes good heart health, and prevents the growth of cancer cells. The natural oils in avocado keep your skin glowing and your hair shiny!
10. Almonds: They lower cholesterol and may help you lose weight.
Leave some comments below!
Follow me with google friend connect, by email or bloglovin'.
If you want you can also follow me on my social networking sites. I always have updates about my blog on there and tell you what I'm up to!
Lots of love,